Banana Peel Crackers
1) Choose ripe latundan banana. Eat and set aside the peels for later use. Refrigeration will allow longer storage life. Peels of latundan banana are ideal for this purpose, thin and slightly astringent. I tried using saba banana peels. The peels are thick and has strong astringent taste – sobrang pakla.
2) Cut the peels according to size preference.
3) Beat egg in a separate bowl. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Other flavors such as barbecue and chili maybe added.
4) Dip banana peel strips in beaten egg then roll well on flour.
5) Heat oil over medium heat. Fry the banana peel strips until golden brown. Serve.
1) Get onions. Remove the dried scales. Then separate each scale by hand. Or cut into half and separate scales.
2) Follow steps 2 to 4 of banana peel crackers.
3) Heat oil over a low flame. Fry until onion pieces float. Do not over fry. Raw onion scale is crunchy already. Long frying will soften the onions.
Marvin is the lead chocolate maker of Ben and Lyn Chocolate Inc. Has strong background in food research and development. Occasionally conducts training and lectures. Lecturer of Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines. Do coaching and consultancy services on his free time.