Procure the ingredients you need.
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups raw peanut
1 cup water
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups sugar
Brown sugar or muscovado is recommended due to health reasons.
1. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
2. Mix the sugar and water in saucepan . Add the corn syrup and salt when the sugar is moistened.
3. Cook over medium heat until it reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer or until it starts bubbling . Mix the peanuts . Cook until 290 degrees.
4. Turn off the heat and mix the butter. Mix well and pour into baking pan.
5. Spread thinly and uniformly with spoon and cool at room temperature. Break or cut into small pieces.
6. Pack in air tight container and seal.
Marvin is the lead chocolate maker of Ben and Lyn Chocolate Inc. Has strong background in food research and development. Occasionally conducts training and lectures. Lecturer of Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines. Do coaching and consultancy services on his free time.