Taho making is easy. An easy to make food for vegetarian.
2 cups soy beans (soaked, peeled)
7 cups water
2 gulaman bars or an equivalent jelly powder
7 cups water
grinder or blender
cheesecloth (one yard)
1. Soak soya beans in top water for 30 minutes.
2. Dehull the beans manually. Try to remove as much peels as possible.
3. Soak again for eight hours in generous amount of water. Grind as fine as possible, use blender or stone mill, then boil for about 20 minutes.
4. Drain to separate the soya milk from soy pulp. Squeeze harder to extract residual milk. Use a fine cloth piece.
5. Then add a gulaman or gelatine powder. Stir until dissolved. Let cool.
Option 1. Gather 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup water. Dissolve sugar in water and let boil for five minutes. Use more sugar and cook longer if thicker syrup is desired.
Option 2. Gather 10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) sugar or brown sugar, 1 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice OR vinegar OR 1/2 lemon. Boil sugar and water. Add lemon or vinegar and set aside.
Marvin is the lead chocolate maker of Ben and Lyn Chocolate Inc. Has strong background in food research and development. Occasionally conducts training and lectures. Lecturer of Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines. Do coaching and consultancy services on his free time.