Before the chicken intestines are thrown away, no use for it. Now, the intestines are cleaned and sold as isaw (chicken intestine barbecue) by street vendors.
1) Buy chicken intestine only from trusted retailer. Some vendors never clean it thoroughly. The remaining waste materials inside the intestines are not edible and will only add weight to your purchase.
2) Clean the intestines again by gently squeezing it with fingers to remove some remaining waste. Option 2. Open the intestines with scissors and clean it with running water. Option 3. Pass a running water through the intestine by using a small water hose.
3) Prick a desired length through a barbecue stick.
4) Grill it over a medium temperature charcoal stove for 30 minutes. Turn and brush with marinade (a mixture of cooking oil, banana ketchup, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili sauce) every 2 minutes.
5) Other ingredients of choice can be added to marinade. Grilling time can be shortened by increasing stove temperature. Take caution to prevent burning of barbecue.
Marvin is the lead chocolate maker of Ben and Lyn Chocolate Inc. Has strong background in food research and development. Occasionally conducts training and lectures. Lecturer of Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines. Do coaching and consultancy services on his free time.