This technology was published by DOST Tekno Pangkabuhayan. The page was deleted so you cannot find it anymore:
1 kg banana [saba variety, matured – 80% yellow & 20% green]
240 g sugar (1 c)
420 mL water (1¾ c)
basin/mixing bowl stove
chopping board ladle
knife (stainless) weighing scale
sterilized preserving bottles
1. Wash and soak bananas in chlorinated water (100 ppm) for 10 minutes.
2. Blanch bananas in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
3. Peel and detach strings adhering to the pulp. Cut them crosswise or diagonally at about 1-1.5 cm thick. Arrange in preserving bottles. If desired, whole bananas maybe used.
4. Prepare 40°Brix sugar solution (approximately 1 part sugar:1¾ parts water) and boil.
5. Pour the boiling hot syrup to the packed bananas, filling the bottles to approximately ¼-inch from the top.
6. Exhaust at 82°C and cap seal.
7. Process bottled product upright in a vessel of boiling water for 30 minutes. Time of boiling depends on the size of bottle.
8. Air cool. Quick cooling helps prevent over cooking of the product.
9. Dry and store.
Marvin is the lead chocolate maker of Ben and Lyn Chocolate Inc. Has strong background in food research and development. Occasionally conducts training and lectures. Lecturer of Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines. Do coaching and consultancy services on his free time.